Picture: Still from Police MediaTwo people have been arrested and charged by Operation Apollo officers following a public place shooting at Auburn on the afternoon of March 9.
Strike Force Locker is a Middle Eastern Organised Crime Squad investigation, under Operation Apollo, and has been investigating two shootings that day in Auburn.
Today’s operation is in relation to the second shooting which was at Park Road just before 3pm.
Watch the CCTV footage supplied by Police Media below:
A number of rounds were discharged at the home from a vehicle which was immediately driven from the scene.
At 6am today, Thursday, May 9, Operation Apollo officers were joined by the Public Order and Riot Squad and the South-West Metropolitan Region Enforcement Squad to execute search warrants on six properties in Auburn, South Granville and Guildford.
Two men, aged 20 and 18, were arrested at Auburn and Guildford, and taken to Auburn Police Station.
They have both been charged with shoot at dwelling, with the 20-year-old man also charged with supply prohibited drug. They have been refused bail to appear at Burwood Local Court today.
During today’s search warrants, police have seized a bolt-action rifle and ammunition; drugs believed to ‘ice’, cannabis and prescription items; a stolen motorcycle; cash; and other items.
NSW Police Force Commissioner Andrew Scipione said today’s arrests were the culmination of thorough investigative work and the assistance of the community.
“Detectives have meticulously worked through evidence relating to the shooting and identified two of the males who have been arrested today and will be put before the court,” Commissioner Scipione said.
“These are not easy investigations but the NSW Police Force is committed to thoroughly investigating each matter to ensure those responsible are brought to justice.
“I would also like to praise the community who continue to assist many of our investigations by providing information about public place shootings and related criminal activity.
“We are committed to making further arrests for public place shooting incidents and are providing a significant, highly-visible, high-impact presence to prevent further incidents.”
Operation Apollo investigations into a number of shootings are ongoing.
In addition to the criminal investigation arm of Operation Apollo, officers continue to conduct regular proactive high-impact operations to target known and suspected criminals and prevent crime.
Last weekend, 11 people were arrested and a further five people were issued warnings for consorting as police saturated target areas throughout western, north-western and south-western Sydney.
Operation Apollo was established in February 2013 to target gun and organised crime. It is being led by State Crime Command with assistance from metropolitan regions and local area commands.
Since then, more than 220 people have been arrested and charged with more than 400 offences. More than 70 firearms, and drugs with an estimated potential street value of $393,000, have been seized.
Anyone with information that may assist police attached to Operation Apollo is asked to contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000, or report it directly via the Operation Apollo online reporting page:https://www1.police.nsw.gov.au/Default.aspx?id=45.
This story Administrator ready to work first appeared on Nanjing Night Net.